Point No Point Light
3 miles north of the Potomac River, MD, cir. 1905
Point No Point was constructed to "fill in" a 30 mile stretch of the Bay south of Cove Point where no other lights existed. After numerous construction mishaps, this octagonal lighthouse was commissioned in 1905. It is located about 6 miles north of the mouth of the Potomac River (and Point Lookout Light). In 1938 it was fully automated and it has been unmanned since 1962.
Type of Structure:
Caisson with octagonal brick dwelling / tower
52 feet above mean high water
Standing and Active